Friday 14 October 2011

Professional Inquiry 4a

When it comes to design I see it in another whole new level.  Some candidates may see a design and it won’t communicate to them or they see an old design that just won’t grasp their attention be it either young or old.

The world out there is full of immense but open designs whereby when we see a particular design we use one word to sum it all up. 
This is where I come in and as a set of questions
My personal Inquiry will be in this Great Midland Grand Hotel currently called known as St Pancras.
Each day I walk by or pass by this glorious gothic building I ever wondered what made It stand out unique and stylish from all the odds.

On the 10th of june 2011 I was employed in this romantic but yet luxurious hotel called St Pancras there and then I knew its value I couldn’t seem detached.

This Historic building this Midland Grand Hotel, the salmon-coloured Gothic fantasia that introduces St Pancras station to London, should not by rights exist so it says but which did . It has spent more of its 127-year life as a problem, a failing building ill-suited to the purposes it was supposed to serve but yet turned out indigenous and independent.

Previously I worked for this company called Marriott at the Grand Midland Hotel known as st pancras.  A lot was said for this building but a few question popped out of my head while knowing and going through the history of this iconic building.

My set of questions comes in place.

·       Who is St Pancras

·       Is the Midland Grand still a spectacular epicenter of a gothic revival building?

·       Who is Sir Gilbert Scott?

·       What are proofs that the building itself faded into fashion?

·       Does the hotel brings Luxury into lifestyle?

·       Was the grand staircase really created for women due to their dresses?

·       Was it an iconic structure built in an modern environment?

·       How is the building beneficial to the community surrounded by it?

No comments:

Post a Comment