Saturday 19 February 2011

Line of Inquiry with in the design, management team as a candidate

A series of questions have arose to mind regarding what am going to do after I graduate with in the programme or title when I graduate

When I thought of this I had series of thoughts coming to mind eg


  • ·       What you have is not all you have

  • ·       My resources aren’t limited

  • ·       Time is nothing as we are changing, developing and molding everyday
Straight away i thought Event design Manager would suit the role am looking for. in other words i have combined graphic design and event manager into once sentence.
Since my work new what i study and do they have used my talent to produce certain design at my work place and i work as a supervisor event manager,  but there could still be a chance to change and tweak my title in the coming future.


Ever since the FdA graduation of graphic and multimedia design m I have sort of swifted into event management. I have really enjoyed graphic design I mean winning competition and being a runner up as well as being a freelancer but due to the economic statues and challenge including years of experience this has not enabled me to pursue the design line despite I still have little interest in it
I have had thoughts and began to change and being influenced in the field or company I work in.
Being with them over five years I have developed an interest in managing staff,  clients, organisers, chefs and my function room.
 As a person I enjoy the fact that I get to co-ordinate how the room will look like and even though it has been set up I could tweak things around and make it of the best interest for my organiser to be satisfied with.

At times I get to decorate the meals in a certain way to attract the customers to eat , I also get to design the menu stand in a professional way for this the customers are able to read and identify what they want.

Currently as an event supervisor manager which involves studying the intricacies of the brand, identifying the target audience, devising the event concept, planning the logistics and coordinating the technical aspects before actually executing the modalities of the proposed event and organizations service a variety of areas including corporate events (product launches, press conferences, corporate meetings and conferences), marketing programs (road shows, grand opening events), and special corporate hospitality events like concerts, award ceremonies, film premieres, launch/release parties, fashion shows, commercial events, private (personal) events such as weddings and many more
I plan and execute the events by creatively make the event successfully event though its ran behind the scenes.
Going back to my three  bullet point it has proved and showed how I have moved changed or made changes and developed interest in what am doing.
I still believe this aint the end and am not there yet as I said time is nothing as we are changing, developing and molding everyday so we keep going on and on and move to different field until we say we’ve certainly achieved what we want and gain and learnt experiences


Rerences

Event manager SOP (pdf)


http://ww2.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/event_organiser_job_description.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment